The Needle and Thread is a group of seamstresses who make lovely costumes, and like to deliver them in-game. They take commissions over the internet or in person, for real-world money, and will do minor repairs at events for in-game money!
Guidelines for the Needle and Thread
- Seamstresses for The Needle and Thread work at a basic rate of $7 an hour. Special additions and alterations cost more depending on the difficulty, type, and/or amount of applications. This rate calculates for one (1) trip to a fabric vendor, two (2) custom fittings and one (1) repair. The average commission (shirts, pants, cloaks) takes about three to six (3-6) hours to complete (including shopping hours).
- The customer pays for the pattern, fabric, and notions for his clothing*.
- A seamstress MUST accompany you to pick out fabric and notions from a fabric vendor.
- When deciding on clothing, customers are encouraged to pick out of Simplicity Patterns.
- Clothing shall be delivered “In Game.”*
- Commissions are limited to two to four (2-4) per month span (depending). Commissions close two (2) weeks prior to events. Customers are encouraged to submit commissions during events or one week afterwards.
- Seamstresses have the right to decline commissions after reviewing complexity of patterns.
- Seamstresses will no longer accept food as a payment; some barters, however, may still be acceptable upon mutual agreement.
*Unless otherwise stated or requested.
As you can see above, the Needle and Thread does an amazing job, and Baylee is an incredible seamstress.